< Previous Next >
The Latin American trading community welcomes back the FPL Electronic Trading Conference to Sao Paulo
FPL Program Office / FIX Protocol Ltd. <>
25 May 2012 6:45AM ET
FPL is pleased to announce it will be hosting its 4th FPL Latin America Electronic Trading Conference on Thursday, August 2nd in Sao Paulo. Building on the tremendous success of the 2010 event, this year we expect more than 350 delegates from across the Latin American buy-side, sell-side, regulator, exchange/ECN and vendor communities will join FPL for the event.
Created in response to industry demand by senior market participants, this educationally focused event will provide a forum featuring over 35 local and international industry leading speakers. All speakers have been carefully selected based on their extensive knowledge and experience, and will provide delegates with a real understanding of the critical issues and emerging electronic trading opportunities in the region. The event will feature separate business, strategic and technical streams, addressing topics including:
• The future of electronic trading in Latin America and internationally: The issues, challenges and opportunities that the region faces
• Measuring and controlling trading costs: Reviewing the costs, charges and expenses associated with trading, and the changes that could be made to benefit firms trading locally
• Trading across multiple venues in Latin America: The challenges and opportunities presented
• Trade information: How available is this data and how are firms using it?
• Trading locally vs. internationally: Regulatory issues and risk management
• The post-trade environment in Brazil: Explore the opportunities that increased use of FIX in the post-trade environment presents, offering the potential to achieve improved risk management, enhanced transparency, reduced costs and increased efficiencies
• Learn about the latest technical developments from FPL and what is in the pipeline
This event will not only offer exceptional learning potential, but also extensive opportunities to network in the packed exhibition hall, where the latest solutions available to the Latin American trading community will be showcased and the post-conference cocktail party will be held.
FPL member firms benefit from an allocation of FREE passes at this event and FREE passes are also available to all buy-side market participants and regulatory representatives. For more information please visit www.fixprotocol.org/latam2012