FIX 5.0 Specification Service Pack 2 - Drafts
FIX 5.0 Specification Service Pack 2, Release Candidate 1
FIX 5.0 Service Pack 2 includes 19 Extension Packs, each of which enhances the current functionality delivered by FIX 5.0 Service Pack 1. The Extension Packs were created as a result of FIX community market-driven initiatives that have undergone a thorough public review process led by the FPL Global Technical Committee. The Committee continues to improve the specification process to ensure that FPL meets its goal of delivering appropriate messaging standard solutions for the rapidly changing financial markets.
Major enhancements provided by FIX 5.0 Service Pack 2 include:
- CFTC Enhancements for Trade Capture Report
- London Stock Exchange Enhancements
- Option Clearing Corp. Delta Position Limit Enhancements
- Enhancements for NYMEX Energy Products
- Exchange Floor Generated Market Data Proposal
- Enhancements for Credit Default Swaps Clearing
- GFXC Enhancements to Support Non-Deliverable Forwards
- NYMEX Extension to UnitOfMeasure
- Enhancements to support Exotic Options
- Pre-Trade Stream Assignment Proposal
- Party and Risk Limit Reference Data Proposal
The FPL Global Technical Committee welcomes industry comments and feedback on FIX 5.0 Service Pack 2. Once all feedback has been compiled and implemented, a second Release Candidate will be made available for comment before the final release. All feedback should be posted to a dedicated discussion forum http://fixprotocol.org/discuss/121
The comment period for Release Candidate 2 is now open and will run for two weeks concluding Friday, April 10th.
The final version of FIX 5.0 SP2 is scheduled to be released on April 20th, 2009.
Please note - all second draft documents are marked "RC2"
If you have any questions, please contact the FPL Program Office by email at or telephone +1 212 652 4469.