Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Why are there fees for posting a job when FPL is non-profit?
- While it is true the FPL is non-profit (see the FPL Corporate Governance page), there are costs associated with its everyday activities, including the operation and maintenance of this website. Each job posting supports the FPL mission to maintain and promote the FIX protocol in two ways: by facilitating the placement of FIX-related professionals into FIX-related job openings in an extremely efficient manner; and by helping fund the organization's operation.
- 2. How does this work?
- The FIX Protocol Website Job Posting Forum is open to the general public, and in the spirit of the FPL organization, provides a neutral forum to post and find jobs related to the FIX Protocol. Job posting is a public function, and anyone can post a job. The currency of the site is the job posting credit. Premier members are given unlimited job posting credits, and can post unlimited jobs. All other FPL members are given 2 job posting credits a month, and can post 2 without additional cost. Non-member firms can purchase job posting credits, either as single credits, or in discounted packages, and use them to post jobs. For more information you can visit our Job Posting Tutorial or if you have specific questions, contact us directly at .
- 3. How many postings do I have to purchase? Will unused postings be "lost" or expire?
- You may purchase any amount of postings you want. If you decide to purchase more postings than you wish to use today, unused postings do not expire and can be used at any time. You will see your job posting credit balance on the Post Jobs Page. The current posting packages are:
|Job Posting credits||Price|
|6 months unlimited||US$1000|
- 4. How do I post jobs?
- From the main page, select the "Post Jobs" Folder, and fill in the pertinent fields available. There are drop-down lists to select Once logged in, you will see a button marked, "Add New Job."
- 5. How long will a job posting stay on the site? Do I have to contact someone to remove them?
- Postings last for 45 calendar days, after which they will automatically be removed from the site. If you wish to remove a posting before the 45 days ends, you can log in with your username and password and delete the posting by accessing the Maintain Job Postings tab.
- 6. Once my posting appears on the site, can I go back and edit it?
- You can update a posting by logging in with your username and password and accessing the "Maintain Job Postings" tab. From there you can:
- Change Job Description Information
- Change Job Contact Information
- Extend a Job Posting Period
- Cancel a job (mark it filled)
- 7. Will my company's name appear in the job posting or can I post a job "blind" (without mention of our firm name)?
- You can decide for each listing if you wish to include the company's name or post the job anonymously.
- 8. Who can search for jobs?
- Searching and applying for jobs is open to the general public.
- 9. How do job seekers apply to open positions?
- When you post a job, you can supply e-mail, telephone, or mail contact information. Job seekers will reply directly to you via the information you supplied. If you want all replies by e-mail then only supply e-mail, and leave out telephone and mail contact information.